Posts : 68
Join date : 2011-02-05
Location : The driveway of justice
|Subject: The Warrior Code 8/5/2011, 15:06|| |
This is the sacred code of all Clans. Your Clan leader can punish you to their liking if you break it, so it is wise to do so. Then again, there are those times when it's no fun unless you break it.
- Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan.
- Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
- Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.
- Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
- A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
- Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
- A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
- The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies or retires.
- After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
- A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
- Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
- No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
- The word of the Clan leader is law.
- An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.
- A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
Medicine cats cannot mate or have kits isn't an official rule, but it is always followed.
As with most rules, there are exceptions.
- Cats on their way to the Moonpool can trespass onto other Clans' territory to make the journey.
- On the way to Gatherings, cats may trespass onto other Clans' territory so long as they are within two tail-lengths of the border.
Cats that break this code again in again go to the Place of No Stars after death, instead of StarClan.